Re: [TowerTalk] Coax and asphalt shingle roofs

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax and asphalt shingle roofs
From: "Bill Winkis (Mindspring)" <kc4pe@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 19:08:32 -0400
Have had three runs of RG-8 type running 125 feet across the roof, for 43 years and three new asphalt roofs.. Here in South Georgia the roof gets so hot you can not stand on it...but the SWR of 1.04 has never changed... Now 43 years ago when they said Mil-Spec..I'm sure it was Mil Spec...Today who knows what you REALLY get....
Bill ...KC4PE
http://www.kc4pe.com/amateurshack.htm