Re: [TowerTalk] Screw-in guy anchors for 48' 25G installation?

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Screw-in guy anchors for 48' 25G installation?
From: John Simmons <jasimmons@pinewooddata.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 13:55:04 -0500
Power line people do this all the time, but they have no-concrete anchors with much more holding strength. Soil type will greatly affect the anchor strength of screw-in anchors. Clay is good, sand is bad. Power line pole anchors are installed with a machine which can test the pull strength. SOMETIMES the local power company will put the anchors in for you, at correct angle and rating. Nowadays this is becoming increasingly rare- think liability and 'company policy'.

-de John NI0K