Re: [TowerTalk] Need manual for EF-180S

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need manual for EF-180S
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 06:17:47 -0500

The taper schedule for will be completely different for wire than the Ø2" or so diameter tubing used in the Force12 dipole that you wish to copy so it will have to be remodeled. While you're modeling, you should check your tower's interaction. FWIW, if you really want a wire 80m vertical next to your tower you can make it C shaped and not need the valuable loading coils that you think you have.

John KK9A

Robert Harmon k6uj wrote:

Anyone have a manual for one of the Force 12 80M rotatable dipoles? Like the EF-180S or similar ? I want the one with loading coils not the linear loaded version. I am thinking about duplicating one using antenna wire and I think I have the Force 12 loading coils already. I am thinking about hanging it from the side of my tower
to see how it performs as a vertical dipole.

thanks,
Bob
K6UJ