[TowerTalk] FW: Bourns GDT's

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: Bourns GDT's
From: "tony.kaz--- via TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 14:44:08 -0400
Oops. This came from the wrong account.
Sorry
N2TK, Tony

From: Tony Kazmakites
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 2:41 PM
To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Bourns GDT's

I am building new boxes for my BOGS, W1FV and Pennant receive antennas.
Buried new flooded PE RG6 to all the antennas.
The new boxes will use matching transformers per K9YC's latest notes on
using Cat5 cable on ferrite cores. I feed 12V down the coax to be able to
switch directions on the Pennants. I plan on putting 47k Ohmite OX resistors
across the antenna to ground. Was also considering adding  GDT in parallel.
Make sense? What part number of GDT would you recommend? Higher value of
resistor?

Tnx for any feedback.
N2TK, Tony