Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft XM240 stack distances

To: "'AB2E Darrell'" <ab2e@hotmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft XM240 stack distances
From: "Tim Duffy" <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 23:20:16 -0400
Hi Darrell:

I am at 185 feet over 120 feet for the two high W6NL Moxon stack for 40
meters here. If you use the heavy duty version (latest) that is on the K3LR
web site - the XM-240 element to boom clamps may fail. This happened to W9PA
this Spring and the damage was significant. The clamp sheared in 70 mph
storms. The W6NL Moxon antennas here at K3LR are not XM-240 conversions -
they are scratch built using DXE aluminum and G10 glass epoxy pates with DXE
clamps. The replacement Yagi at W9PA has G10 glass epoxy plates now (same as
K3LR) and should not fail up to 105 MPH winds.

73
Tim K3LR