[TowerTalk] Antenna question

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna question
From: Tony Rogozinski <trogo@telegraphy.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 13:14:22 -0400
This is not tower related and I hope that no one minds too much. I don't have a tower here at my QTH in the Blue Ridge Mountains but I do have tall trees.  Want to put up

a G5RV/ZS6BKW optimized wire antenna that I bought recently and wondering if adding the Windom Vertical Radiator would help significantly?  I had a Carolina Windom 160

up but it blew down a couple of winters ago.....it worked really well.  Any comments re personal experiences will be appreciated...I've read some info on the Internet but actual

use comments are more valuable.

Tony W4OI/HK4T

--
 Tony W4OI/HK4T
 Licenses Previously Held:
 N7BG, K5LMJ, W7HZF, WA6BOU, W6JPC, K4KES
 F7BK, VQ9AR, VP5AR, 9G5AR, TY5AR, CN2BG
 HK0/HK1AR, HK4AR, 5V7BG, TU/N7BG, OJ0/N7BG
 5B4/N7BG, ZC4BG, ZF2AR, HB9/N7BG
 HK1AR and others
 Founding Member of VooDude Contest Group
 Member of Florida Contest Group
 Member Central Arizona DX Association since 1977
 Honorary Member Southern California DX Club 1968
 Member Carolina DX Association
 Referee WRTC 2000, 2002, 2006
 I've been to 104 DXCC Countries
 On the air since 1957