Re: [TowerTalk] Shortened Elevated Radial Articles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shortened Elevated Radial Articles
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 11:40:22 -0400
>"No free lunch with either choice of radial systems."

In my case, it's a fight with the local farmer who tedders the field for hay
several times a year.  The teddering machine sometimes gets down a few inches
below the soil surface.

Last season, the radials we're laid on top of the ground in October, then
rolled up on cord reels in late April.  In October, I'll lay them out again.

Each radial end has a 1/4-inch ring lug.  When one radial was completed on the
cord reel, I hooked the next one onto the lug and so on.  It goes amazingly
fast.  The job took about two hours and a total of six Home Depot cord reels.
I figure 50% more time to lay them out again with 8-inch staples.

Given the summer lightning activity in the area, the whole 160m system
including Hi-Z 8 Circle is also disconnected.

Paul, W9AC