Re: [TowerTalk] Request for Info: Closing off PVC chase with LMR600 cabl

To: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Request for Info: Closing off PVC chase with LMR600 cables.
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2020 17:27:14 +0000
If you seal the ends there is no convection to replace the air to introduce any
additional water vapor. Condensation is a non-issue anyway. There are literally
millions of mile of installed conduit in the world and condensation is just not
a problem.  Don't believe me - calculate the volume of a pipe and determine
ho9w much water there is on that amount of air and assume all of it it
saturated and it all condenses out.

100' of 2in conduit contains 0.1177 lbs of water.

Al
AB2ZY