Re: [TowerTalk] Pan,zoom,tilt camera on tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pan,zoom,tilt camera on tower
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 11:12:18 -0700
Hi Joe,

In a long ago life ('70s), I designed security systems like the one you used at work, to be installed by the small company that I worked for. This industrial-grade stuff had cameras mounted in WX-proof enclosures mounted on PTZ units -- three separate products from three different mfrs. Those cameras used vidicons. :) I suspect something similar is done today at industrial level, and there may be products that integrate all three functions. I would also expect there to be integrated consumer products.

73, Jim K9YC