Re: [TowerTalk] Temporary 30-40ft Rohn 55G

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Temporary 30-40ft Rohn 55G
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 21:20:35 -0400
Rohn 55 is pretty heavy duty for a temporary antenna support. If you have
that large of a wind load you may need some type of concrete base.  About 20
years ago I used a small aluminum tower in the Caribbean and just had it
sitting on the ground with rope guys. Temporary can mean different things to
different people, for me it just needed to be up for a week.  I believe WRTC
2014 used Rohn 25 towers with a tilt bases that were staked into the ground,
They were raised with a falling derrick.

John KK9A

Mike Lyon KE6 wrote:

What would one use for a base to erect a 30-40ft Rohn 55G? It would be
guyed.
Is it possible to have a non-concrete base?

Thank You,
Mike