Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-555 raising fixture sheave(s) ?? Part II

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-555 raising fixture sheave(s) ?? Part II
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 10:07:28 -0500
If the seized bearing is the biggest sheave issue, perhaps just replacing it will keep everything as it was originally designed. Bearings are available in a lot of sizes and fits.

John KK9A

MikeK9MK wrote

Greetings again,

Thanks to all that responded.  Several new leads had the same inventory as
Grangier and Zoro and others...
Seems this 3.5" aluminum bearing sheave is a one off and the closest I can
find is something in a 3" in steel.

Not being an ME I'm not sure this is a straight forward trade off.
Assuming the lift weights are the same, i.e. 800 lbs max, is there something
else to consider?

Thanks again for all the Sage help.

73's  Mike K9MK