Re: [TowerTalk] Run all in same trench?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Run all in same trench?
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 13:44:08 -0700
On 10/15/20 12:07 PM, Gary K9GS wrote:

A different thread prompted me to ask a question about cables in trenches.I
want to run a conduit for coax and control/ low voltage, separate conduit for
220 VAC, and a PEX line for water.Can I put it all in one trench?73,Gary K9GS

No reason why not. Most people run multiple conduits in a trench, even if they're not using them all. You put empty conduit and a pull tape in and cap the ends.

Heck, A couple weeks ago I just used a spare conduit run that I installed 15 years ago, under a concrete slab alongside the house. THe pull rope had disintegrated, and the conduit had filled full of water (the pipes just stubbed up vertically, with no seal or anything), so I blew the water out, ran a new fish line, pulled it back and forth a few times, and pulled my cables.