Re: [TowerTalk] Where to get LMR 400

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Where to get LMR 400
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 05:25:29 -0800
On 11/3/20 10:16 PM, Michael Tope wrote:
I've had good luck with Jefa-Tech as well. I bought some in 2009 and have had zero problems with it despite constant exposure to the high desert sun. At that time the price for a 500ft roll was $215. Copper was cheaper in 2009 because of the recession so perhaps that is one reason for the large price difference between then and now (allegedly the inflation since 2009 has only been ~20% :-)).

copper prices fluctuate wildly. Back in 2009 there was a dip down to about $1.50/lb, but now it's back up to $3/lb

A few years ago, hardware stores had to start making it harder to grab a 500 foot spool of AWG12 solid wire, because someone could steal it and turn it into a quick $20 at a recycler.

https://www.macrotrends.net/1476/copper-prices-historical-chart-data