Re: [TowerTalk] Tri-Ex THS-471?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tri-Ex THS-471?
From: "Bill Winkis (Mindspring)" <kc4pe@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 14:49:30 -0500
I can find no reference to a THS-471 ... there is a HS-471, it's a 4 section tower, crankup, with area measurement of each section at 22",.....19 3/8".....16 1/2" ....and the top section at 13 7/8 inches...these measurement are one side of the triangle measured from the inside to inside on the pipes.

extended height is 71" and nested at 21 1/2 feet..weight is 575 pounds...It's a guyed tower, the guy kit is 120 pounds...all tower braces/struts are horizontal..no angles braces....

The cost of the guys $390.00..tower cost was $1177.00..Guyed the tower would handle 16 sqft ....

The 106 foot version of the HS series had a bottom section of 27 5/8 inches...

Hope this helps..

Bill ... KC4PE
http://www.kc4pe.com/amateurshack.htm