Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator Loop

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator Loop
From: Robert Harmon <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 12:21:20 -0800
I undersatnd what you are saying but it doesn't make any difference if you
start at the middle as long as you leave enough slack in the coiled coax to
travel the full 90 degrees both ways.     Either way it will use the same
amount of coax.   The other consideration is to insure that the coil radius is
large enough to exceed the minimum bend radius recommended for the coax.   I
plan to make it a generous radius to allow for this.   I have used the "drop
rotator loops" for years on my towers and I think this will be an improvement.

73,
Bob
K6UJ