[TowerTalk] Yaesu rotor cable

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu rotor cable
From: Bill via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 21:58:39 +0000 (UTC)
Received the first pf the Yaesu rotators today and of course they come with 130
feet of cable which is , I think 6 wires with 18AWG  My problem is that I have
much longer runs to the proposed tower location.  The longest is about 330 feet
to the top of the tower, with several others ranging from230 to around 300
feet.  The instructions say nothing anout using larger guage wires for longer
runs and recommend 18 guage fpor longer runs.
This is not consistent with what I experienced with the Tailtwisters which
recommended heavier guage for longer runs.  Bottom line:  Has anyone run longer
lengths of rotor cable to the Yaesu 2800s.  If so, what gauge did you use?  I
don't want to over spec this thinig but I don't want to undersize it either.
Ideas?
Bill K4XS