Re: [TowerTalk] Comet GP-6NC question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Comet GP-6NC question
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2020 15:36:53 -0800
On 12/5/2020 1:06 PM, Tom WA9WSJ via TowerTalk wrote:
The antenna is listed as 155-465 MHz.So my question is, has anyone modified this
antenna for the ham bands? I'm looking for anyone with experience with this
antenna before I try myself to modify it.

Hi Tom,

Run an analyzer sweep on it to see what it looks like on the ham bands. If you don't have an analyzer, borrow one. :) For testing, rig it vertically at least 3-4 ft above ground and away from anything conductive. My educated guess is that SWR will be fairly high and gain will be lower than the spec.

Here's the poop sheet.
https://cometantenna.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/gp-9nc.pdf

73, Jim K9YC