Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Thrust Bearing Installation

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Thrust Bearing Installation
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 12:03:30 -0600
The thrust bearing reduces the bending moment on the rotator, not the mast. With the rotator in the tower below the thrust bearing, there is very little bending moment on the rotator, just a horizontal force. There's also, of course, a vertical force, unless that is taken by the thrust bearing. The greater the distance between the thrust bearing and rotator, the smaller the horizontal force on the rotator.and thrust bearing.

73,
Scott K9MA