Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical on Roof

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical on Roof
From: Artek Manuals <Manuals@ArtekManuals.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2020 10:07:30 -0500
Ed
questions, questions, question !! 8^)

Why does the antenna need to be 6' above the AC unit?

�Can it sit closer (6")? or even on the roof next to the A/C unit?

How tall is the A/C unit?

You can of course run a single wire from the antenna feed point to the roof level and then fan out from there . the optimum lengths at the fan out will be subject to some experimentation.

Will you be running high power? Depending on the control system on the A/C unit� tying into to the A/C ground may result in odd behavior of the A/C control system or RFI at other places in the building..About how far from the A/C unit is the actual "earth ground"? A relatively� long run to earth ground will become part of the antenna radiating system depending on the length and frequency

What bands will this operate on? Commercial antenna (model?) or homebrew?

Good luck
Dave
NR1DX