Re: [TowerTalk] FW: FW: Thrust Bearing Installation

To: 'Tower Talk' <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FW: FW: Thrust Bearing Installation
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 10:35:42 -0800
When I need a top plate radial bearing, I use black UHMW which is UV resistant. 1, 2 or 4" thick depending on the load & 6" sq, bored 0.030" oversize for the mast. HDG masts get a touch with a file to remove Zn lumps & high spots. No thrust bearings are used, although the largest has a collar in case PP rotator work is needed.

UHMW is the cheapest, is very slippery, and has decent PV and yield specs. Whatever polymer is your favorite, make sure it is UV resistant.

Grant KZ1W