Re: [TowerTalk] Weird RFI at remote location

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Weird RFI at remote location
From: "Lux, Jim" <jim@luxfamily.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2021 20:17:56 -0800
On 1/1/21 7:03 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
On 1/1/2021 6:07 PM, Lux, Jim wrote:
You might get one of those $50 spectrum analyzers - seeing the RFI spectrum may give you some clues  - a loop antenna (untuned) will have distinct nulls. It's more "field compatible" than going around with your rig's panadapter.

While I don't know the hardware Jim is suggesting, a spectrum analyzer that can provide both amplitude and waterfall is EXTREMELY useful in diagnosing RF noise. See my website and also NK7Z's.

https://www.tinysa.org/wiki/ is a typical example..

There are also $50 VNAs

https://nanovna.com/

is but one.