Re: [TowerTalk] Modeling the OH1TV "Opposite Voltage" Feed System for Ph

To: Dan Maguire <danac6la@gmail.com>, towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Modeling the OH1TV "Opposite Voltage" Feed System for Phased Arrays
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2021 07:49:34 -0800
I never heard of this scheme, but many years ago modeled
and/or built numerous 2 element driven arrays that
were similar to this, except that I didn't use a half
wave transmission line between the elements.  There are
various configurations that I have successfully used.
It isn't clear to me that the half wave line is
necessary or even optimum, although it will certainly
work.  I also agree with the article that you should
deal with matching to 50 ohms with a separate network.
That is what I always did.  IMHO, driven 2 ele arrays are
the way to go, vs parasitic, because of the superior
gain, F/B and bandwidth.

Rick N6RK