Re: [TowerTalk] Birds and towers

To: nj0f@yahoo.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Birds and towers
From: "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 20:37:40 +0000
Plastic snakes and phony owls are soon gotten used to and become ineffective.

Ultrasonics with sufficient intensity firing off in a pseudo random pattern works well and is difficult for the birds to get used to. Use quality outdoor rated transducers (speakers) located low near the base with the transducers aimed up. A product called "Tangle foot" IIRC sometimes works depending on species. IT is a product you "paint" onto the places the birds perch. When they step on it it almost glues their feet to the perch which frightens them away.

Google on "tanglefoot bird repellent" to see various bird control products.

Patrick  NJ5G