Re: [TowerTalk] Wind Noise

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wind Noise
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 16:16:09 -0300
All this "rope around the elements" talk sounds very intriguing, if you
don't experience ice & wind where you live.

I have lost so many antennas and towers to radial ice loading coupled with
moderate winds, that I would never, ever do this here in New Brunswick
Canada.

I would however, go get some thick rubber bushes/bushings and install
between the house bracket and the tower

if there were enough free threads to accommodate that sort of thing.

I wonder if there is a way to dampen vibrations on the tower structure
itself (say from below the roofline, down to the ground?)

Would wrapping rope and tying it off somewhere-ground post, other solid
structure, etc there do any good?

Sounds like the OP may not wish to remove the antenna, so could this 'tower
wrapping' provide any type of dampening effect as a low/no cost first
attempt?

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB