Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical question
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 19:55:42 -0400
When I first read N9WW's comment I did not realize that he was talking about a
much higher frequency than top band. The 160m equivalent of Jim's 30m antenna
would have the raised radials 160 feet high which I am sure W8JI did not have
in the data referenced below.

Jim is correct, there is a huge difference between a 30m ground mounted
vertical and one 30 ft high. With that height you could also use a vertical
dipole.

John KK9A

Jim N9WW wrote:

I don't know.  I'll take my elevated 40/30M vertical at 30' with 8 radials
over any ground mounted vertical with 60+ radials.  Been there done that.  Huge
difference.

73,
Jim N9WW

James Chaggaris