Re: [TowerTalk] RG402 for Choke/Balun

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RG402 for Choke/Balun
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 08:07:34 -0500
I have no experience with RG402. It appears to be a little smaller and it has a steel conductor. What RF properties are better?

John KK9A

Máximo EA1DDO wrote:

Hi all,

I normally use RG400 for chokes on FT240 toroids.
Recently I've tryed RG402 semi-rigid coax cable, the "blue one".
RF properties are quite similar, in fact RG402 seems to be a bit better than RG400. Because RG402 is semi-rigid, is much easier to make tight turns on the toroids, easier to work with.

After some months using it, HF bands legal limit amp, I can't see any issue.
Just wondering if I am missing anything, or if someone else have tried the RG402 coax.

Thanks

73, Maximo