[TowerTalk] Current Baluns

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Current Baluns
From: Bill via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 18:28:25 +0000 (UTC)
The only antennas that would allow 300 degree rotation with a sidearm on my
proposed tower in V31 were Moseley.  They do not come with  current baluns.
Owner suggested the standard coil of coax (six turns).  Best of all he
suggested the current baluns "waste" power.  I've never been a fan of these and
most of the better manufacturers (JK, M2, Optibeam for example) use current
baluns on all their antennas.
So , I'm looking for recommendations on current baluns.  Best for the price,
best performing...I'm going to be running legal power but in contest mode on
SSB and CW, but no RTTY, so I don't really need a 5KW monster.  Your thoughts?
Bill K4XS