Re: [TowerTalk] Disassembling TIC 1022B

To: "n2ic@arrl.net" <n2ic@arrl.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Disassembling TIC 1022B
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 19:34:15 +0000
Gear puller. If it is tight enough to require heat for extraction, I find that
a propane torch does not generate enough differential heating between the part
you want to remove and the thing it is stuck to. Need oxy-acetylene, but that
will quickly ruin the temper on hardened parts, so you only do that when you
know the part isn't hardened or you are desperate. And also where the heat
won't damage something like a motor or bearing.

Al