[TowerTalk] Testing A3S Traps

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Testing A3S Traps
From: "Rob Matherly, W0JRM" <jimrob@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 17:52:28 +0000
Hi All -

I have a disassembled A3S that I'm putting up. I'm 90% positive the
traps are OK, but I would prefer to test them before assembly. I read on
using my MFJ 259 analyzer with a resistor to test the resonance.
However, I notice in the A3S manual that there are seprate traps for 15m
driven and reflective. How would I verify that these traps are on the
right element? Would one have a different frequency response?

--

Thanks,
Rob Matherly, w0jrm

http://w0jrm.robmatherly.com