[TowerTalk] Need advice climbing small tower

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need advice climbing small tower
From: Don Rasmussen via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 03:04:06 +0000 (UTC)
Hello all,

I have a 20 foot aluminum self standing tower with a 15 foot steel mast inside.

The spacing is so narrow at the top half of the tower I just can seem to get
situated to work. My feet press together in the tower and with my eyes
at the 20 foot level the tower comes to a point so no lateral stability above
the waist.

Ten years ago it was easy - it seems.

I have a climbing belt but am considering a ladder this time or any other
trick short of an exterior lift since it wont fit in the gate.

Any suggestions welcome!

de Wb8yqj Don
http://wb8yqj.yolasite.com/antennas.php