To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 225, Issue 1
From: Earl Morse <n8ss2014@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 10:36:12 -0400
I concur.  Have used Beverages on Ground and my favorite was a one
wavelength on 160 that anchored to a ground rod at the feed point, sloped
up to 12 feet (3 of those military fiberglass supports) then back down to a
termination at another ground rod anchor.  A temporary pair of those helped
split out the East and West coasts from XA5T.  The only thing I was
critical about in setting them up was to make sure that they were in a
straight line as far as azimuth went.

There are simply so many variables that add to small improvements to the
antenna but just having the RX antenna is the biggest improvement
regardless of if it is optimized or not.

Earl
N8SS