Re: [TowerTalk] Field Strength comparison

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Field Strength comparison
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 21:19:46 -0300
GE Stan,

I have absolutely no hard engineering facts for you, other than to say that
when I installed my 4-squares a few years ago, I located a small signal
source about 200' away from all the arrays and made RX measurements with the
arrays and my IC-7410.  I seemed to have very good results at this 200'
distance from a vertical and a bunch of my 4-squares.

I would've rather had 300' or 400', or even 700' but that would've meant
locating my signal source on someone else's land and I didn't want to do
that, for various reasons. (bringing attention to my hobby as one reason)

I posted results here, if it's worth anything to you.

Re: [TowerTalk] Wire 4-squares - they work ! (long) (GAIN?) (contesting.com)
<http://lists.contesting.com/archives/html/Towertalk/2016-10/msg00213.html>

GL and thanks for all the contest Q's !

Mike VE9AA

How far away (minimum) should a receive antenna be located if you wanted to

accurately measure the difference between a couple of vertical arrays -
let's

say, for example a 4 Square and a single vertical.

Thanks. Stan, K5GO

Sent from my iPhone

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB