Re: [TowerTalk] Metal Thermal Rate of Expansion

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Metal Thermal Rate of Expansion
From: Mark - N5OT <r-emails@n5ot.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 09:50:46 -0500
I hate to be a big ignoramus, but why, if this is not an issue for Gedas' 10 GHz mount, is sweating joints that seem to be similar to his design a common practice in machinery design?  Can someone help me understand what I am obviously missing?

If it was me I'd stick it in the oven and see what happens.  If that didn't seize it up, then I'd put it in the freezer and repeat the experiment.

73 - Mark N5OT
who thinks the best conductors are the ones standing in front of the best orchestras