Re: [TowerTalk] Cable ties

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cable ties
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 11:08:32 -0700
What about  SS  hose clamps.  They come in every diameter  you can think of.
The coax, etc, would require either some 33 or 88 tape 1st, and / or
perhaps some cushioning material.

I've used stainless hose clamps around some connectors, but not on coax. Interesting idea. For the connector application, I covered the majority of the clamp in adhesive lined heavy wall Thomas and Betts shrink tube.

I bought the tube from a local electrical supply house, hard to find a decent page referencing the stuff online, but this page is fair:

https://www.newark.com/abb-thomas-betts/hs40-400-4/heat-shrink-tubing-38-1mm-id-po/dp/92B1882

I have tube in roughly 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2". A little pricey, it seems, at ~$1+/- an inch, but WELL worth it, best stuff I've ever used!

Kurt