Re: [TowerTalk] Full-size 30m rotatable dipole has big swing in low SWR

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Full-size 30m rotatable dipole has big swing in low SWR point
From: Ignacy Misztal <no9e@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 15:17:25 -0400
Must be some strange interaction, especially that SWR is high.

JK Antennas recommend testing the antenna prior to installation a couple of
feet off the ground, stating that resonances should be lower than at height
but SWR not too bad. My JK Mid Tri 40 at 5 feet had a resonance on 40m
around 6.9, that changed to 7.03 at 100 ft. Your change from 10.1 to 10.9
was proportionally much bigger.

I had a problem with the resonance of one 80m wire vertical for 4 sq. It
turned out to be an interaction with coax to a dipole between a tree and
the tower.

Ignacy NO9E