Re: [TowerTalk] Broadcast Band AM Transmiiter Intererence on

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Broadcast Band AM Transmiiter Intererence on
From: <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 07:11:35 -0500
A few years ago I started hearing a station on 80 and 160 using my beverage
antenna.  I thought it was a case of needing a BPF but as I experimented I
noticed that I could not hear it on my transmit antennas.  I chased the
problem down to my beverage feedline.  It must have had some loose
connection that was creating a detected by product of the close by AM
carrier.  Replaced the feedline and it went away.

So if this problem has just occurred, it could be the AM station itself or
it could be something at your station providing a mixed byproduct.

If its always been there and is multiple stations then a BPF is the
solution.

Ed  N1UR