Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt fed tower for 160m

To: Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt fed tower for 160m
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 11:02:03 -0500

I would be quite pleased if it only attenuated signals a small amount and only
in the direction of the house.  That would be from West to South going CCW.
Currently my tower is 30 feet SW of house and I believe it works pretty well to
Europe.  This may be one of those things where what you don’t know doesn’t hurt
you.  Certainly can’t do an A/B comparison easily.

There aren’t too many alternatives for 10000 sf with a house in the middle of
the space. Planning to put up another tower on NE side of house and wanted to
feed that one instead of current tower which is only 60 feet tall.

John (KK9A) Even if I had enough room for an inverted V, I wouldn’t even think
of trying one, giving up the advantages of salt water with a vertical when I am
75 feet from the open sea.

I will just have to subjectively determine whether it is working well when I
put it up