Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter vertical or

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter vertical or
From: Gary Johnson via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 09:19:21 -0700
I’m using half-slopers for 80 and 160 on a too-short tower. Simulation and
experiment shows that the feed point height determines the resistance at
resonance, while the wire length determines the resonant frequency. It’s not
quite orthogonal tuning but close enough. I adjusted the 80m one for roughly 70
ohms at 3670, then used the W4RNL-N6NL broadband coax trick to get a decent
match over the entire 80m band.

Gary Johnson NA6O
gwj@me.com