Re: [TowerTalk] Weather Stations ( sort of off topic)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Weather Stations ( sort of off topic)
From: Paul N1BUG FN55mf <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 11:24:04 -0400
I've had good luck with a Davis Vantage Vue. I have it mounted at 95 feet on one of my towers and have had no problems with a kW on 160m through 135cm and lower power on 70cm.

I did have a wind speed sensor fail. I think, but cannot prove, my high power transmissions on 2200m may have killed it. Before it failed I noticed wind speed indication did not work while I was transmitting on that band, but would come back when I stopped. Then one night while I was on 2200m it stopped working permanently.

73,
Paul N1BUG