Re: [TowerTalk] Old Top Ten Devices Relay Switch Box

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Old Top Ten Devices Relay Switch Box
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 19:43:31 -0400
I have one of their six way relay boxes that I occasionally use for Contest
expeditions. I use a Top Ten band decoder (the newer model is called "Band
Aide Band Decoder") to automatically engage the desired relay. It can also
be manually switched. My decoder has both 12v sink and source outputs so it
works with their box and most others. The Top Ten decoder is a great device
if you can find one!

GL
John KK9A

Ed Goss n3cw wrote:

HI Folks,

      I have a couple of old Top Ten Devices relay boxes; no model
number or id is visible on the box. They allow for switching up to 6
different antennas. I do not have, and cannot find any information on
the control heads for these relay boxes.  Markings on the relay box
indicate that +12 volts is common, with the desired relay switched by
applying negative/ground.  This is opposite of all the other relay boxes
I have used (Ameritron, DXE) where you apply +12 volts to select the
desired relay.

     Does anyone know of a control head that would work with these old
relay boxes?  Thanks...

--Ed, N3CW--