Re: [TowerTalk] was Uneven Ground: now K1CC tribanders

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] was Uneven Ground: now K1CC tribanders
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 20:04:01 -0300
Rich,

I am not an antenna engineer, but like most of us here, have built a lot of
antennas over the past 50 yrs

If the distance-to-clear a guy wasn't too extreme (like a foot or two
f'rinstance) , I'd personally figure out a way to put a gentle bend on the
aluminum tubing ends down out of the way (of the offending guys).  I don't
think electrons care too much if there is a slight zig-zag at the end. (bend
all elements down?)

Someone smarter than me could model it for you in one of the nec programs.
(myself, I'd just do it, hi)

K1CC: "...Now that I want to put a tower back up, the issue is that
tribanders are now
trapless, so their turning radius is significantly bigger and it will no
longer be possible to rotate the lower antenna without hitting guy wires.
The limiting factor are the extreme downhill upper guys which hit the
full-size 20m reflector.  ..."

GL !

Mike VE9AA

Keswick Ridge, NB