[TowerTalk] Rotator Question.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotator Question.
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 13:16:39 -0800
I have some small antennas on gimbal mounts, something like this:

https://www.westmarine.com/dw/image/v2/BGFG_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-wm-master-catalog/default/dwae6ecc81/images/orig/19824630_2_1500.06022020043012.jpg?sw=800&sh=800

They are adjustable in azimuth, and elevation, by stepper motors. Video of a similar design in action here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbR53aq_kmc

Seems to me, the motors could be interfaced to some sort of rotator controller designed for such a thing, even if the stepper motors need to be swapped out to match the controller. Nothing big or fancy, just azimuth, elevation, and a readout indicating where the antenna is pointing. Pre-sets would be a plus.

I've searched the web a few times in the past few weeks, and not seen such controllers. Maybe I'm not looking for the correct thing.

Any ideas, or suggestions on a plug-and-play stepper motor rotator controller with some sort of display/indicator, preferably with pre-sets?

I'm not looking to build, or program something, just a box, with a display, and cables to two motors.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Kurt