Re: [TowerTalk] TIC-Ring Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TIC-Ring Question
From: George Skoubis <geo.skoubis@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 13:23:43 -0700
Sorry,

I meant to send this to the group.

——-

Dave,

 I had a problem with the Tic-Ring sensor pot at the same time I had a problem
with my M2 2800 reed switch.

I purchased the 4O3A Rotor Genius with 2 of their magnetic sensors.

The one controller can operate 2 rotors (but cannot move both at once).

I sold my RT-21 and M2 controllers to partially pay for it.

I have only the 4O3A Rotor Genius for a year but it has worked well.

It would be possible to use just the magnetic sensor but you would need to
home-brew a controller.

It could be as simple as setting up relays that could control power polarity /
turn on the power supply with a Node-Red flow to read the azimuth and turn the
rotors.

I went with the store-bought solution from 4O3A.

73,

George / W7GES