[TowerTalk] FW: New York state wind survival requirements for antennas

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: New York state wind survival requirements for antennas
From: <maflukey@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 01:15:30 -0600
I know the International Building Code which is adopted by a lot of
permitting jurisdictions has requirements for restraint of roof mounted
equipment that can potentially blow off at design wind speed and cause
injury or damage to others.   I am guessing that may apply to towers as
well....   Perhaps you might ask the jurisdiction to clarify if it is just a
restraint requirement since the wind load calculations for the antenna
mounting might well be able to comply, even if the antenna itself sustains
damage.

Good luck in your endeavor.

73
Matt