Re: [TowerTalk] Xm 240

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Xm 240
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 08:37:47 -0800
The MFJ259 is pretty useless in an RF environment. It has very poor selectivity to overload. Found this tuning 40 and 80m verticals 4 miles from a BCB station.

Newer SWR meters are much more resistant, but still can be overloaded. The alternative is to try 5 to 10w transmit, whatever makes the radio swr or external meter read reliably and sweep the band.

Grant KZ1W