Re: [TowerTalk] TIC ring rotators

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TIC ring rotators
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 14:48:02 -0500
Potentiometers are readily available at electronic stores like Mouser,
DigiKey, Allied and even DX Engineering. In the decades that have owned TIC
rings, I have replaced potentiometers, motors, bearings and even a few gears
that I had to machine myself since parts were not available from TIC. There
are many different styles of TIC rings and motors so it's hard to give any
advice without seeing what you have. They are not difficult to service but
you need to pay attention to the details if you want them to be reliable.

John KK9A

Edward Seeliger KD5M

Good morning all. Has anyone on the list received any TIC rings or
replacement motors / indicator pots from Carl in the past year.
I have two now non-rotating rings.
Does anyone have experience repairing the motors - either the combined
motor/indicator pot or the stand alone motor? I would appreciate any help or
guidance someone might provide.
Please reply off list to eseeliger at earthlink dot net.
Thanks and Happy Holidays.
Edd - KD5M