Re: [TowerTalk] Balun for C3

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Balun for C3
From: "Lux, Jim" <jim@luxfamily.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 12:05:45 -0800
On 12/29/22 11:38 AM, ezrhino fastmovers.biz wrote:
Zip tie the choke to a clear piece of lexan, and then bolt/Ubolt  the lexan to
the boom.

I'd pick something UV resistant (some polycarbonate is, some isn't) - but I like the general idea - that lets the choke be in the open air, for better cooling. Zip ties if UV resistant are ok, but will they last, say, 10 years?

McMaster-Carr sells 1 foot squares of just about everything you can imagine, so you can pick something with the right properties. Or a rectangular bar - something like 1"x1/8" cross section 6-7" long.

If you have a plastics dealer near you, they often have a scrap bin with cutoffs for cheap. Take your choke down there, ask them for suggestions.