[TowerTalk] Bias Tee & Lightning Protection

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Bias Tee & Lightning Protection
From: Art Greenberg <art@artg.tv>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 10:17:17 -0500
I'm considering adding a mast-mounted LNA for 2m and I want to deliver 12V to it through the coax. Currently, all of the lightning arrestors in my entrance panel are DC blocking type.

I can see a couple of ways to accomplish this.

- Replace the lightning arrestor for the 2m antenna with a model that passes DC.

- Install a bias tee on the antenna side of the lightning arrestor and run the 12 supply to it through a "control line" type arrestor.

Your thoughts?

Thanks.

--
Art Greenberg