Re: [TowerTalk] Arcfault Breakers

To: Wilson Lamb <infomet@embarqmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Arcfault Breakers
From: Jim Rhodes <jimk0xu@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 17:21:00 -0500
Was helping a friend move into a rental property.  She had a paid crew
moving appliances and heavy furniture.   I went down into the basement to
see how things were going and noticed some arcing noise.  Looked closer and
it was like the 4th of July inside that outlet box.  It was Saturday
evening and the landlord lived in a different town so I ended jp running to
a big box store for a new outlet and the problem was solved.   When I
talked to the landlord he thanked me, but also complained that the city was
after him to install arcfault breakers.  I told him that if I hadn't been
there to check on things he might have lost the whole building.  He still
didn't think he should have to update.