Re: [TowerTalk] G2800 problem solved

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] G2800 problem solved
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 13:38:30 -0400
Yaesu rotators or prone to having water issues in the rotator connector.
The boot alone does not provide adequate sealing.  Perhaps opening it up
allowed it do dry a little or cleaned the contacts enough for it to function
again. When I had Yaesu G2800-DXA rotators I used silicone sealant over the
boot.

GL,
John KK9A

WW3S wrote:

Well, kinda.....dont know why, I suspect when using PSTrotator, it tried
to turn the "wrong" way to get to a beam heading, it does that every so
often....anyway, cranked the tower down and tilted it over, disconnected
the control lead to the rotor, and metered it out, all good, put it back
together, and it worked......gave me a chance to do a little
maintenance, and to try a different 6m mod for my 3L Steppir.....all
good, enjoy the holiday and remember the fallen and their families.

73'